Flying Europe by A.S.A proudly presents HELSINKI, Finland – the home of Nordic Design!
“Finland is a true design nation. Some of the world’s most imitated and admired designers and architects come from Finland. From Eero Aarnio’s Ball Chair as James Bond’s favorite seat to Marimekko Poppies worn by Jackie O, Finland has been setting trends for decades.” – Visit Finland
- ENJOY the extraordinary architecture and take a walk around the city. Influenced by Classicism and modernized by Functionalism, Helsinki is possibly best known for its Art Nouveau architecture. Some connoisseurs have even suggested that certain features of Batman’s Gotham City were influenced by Helsinki’s majestical Central Railway Station. Go look for yourself and see if you agree!
- TAKE a boat trip to explore the archipelago. Many of the islands, such as Suomenlinna and Pihlajasaari, can be reached by a regular ferry from early morning until late at night.
- EXPLORE the countless boutiques of the Design District! Finland’s world-renowned modern design heritage can be seen everywhere in Helsinki. Pop in to stores of Finnish world famous brands like Marimekko fashion, Iittala glassware or the Moomin shop.
- FREE yourself and relax your mind in Löyly -design sauna. A true Finnish experience guaranteed!
- TASTE Finnish Wild Food, rich in flavors, nutrition and color, these free foods rate highly in any ecological or ethical comparison. The food scene in Helsinki today is cutting edge and ever-changing.
- RELAX in one of the funky & cozy hotels, Finland has something for everyone from smart 3* to luxurious 5*
Want some more?
For more destination information and new itinerary suggestions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org